Monday, September 19, 2011

A New Schafer

I can NOT believe that I have not blogged about Nick and Elora's wedding...probably because I was a ditz and forgot my camera so I have NO pictures.  If you want to check out some of their bridal photo's please check out  Kate Schofield's blog spot!  She did AMAZING work and Nick and Elora look great...although it's not hard for those 2.  I do have a few pics from the reception we had in Kansas for them though.

Utah was absolutely amazing in more ways than 1.  Going into the weekend Matt and I were a little nervous because a lot had been going on that Matt and I were struggling with that I am not going to get into.  We had asked friends and family to pray for the weekend and Matt and I both continued to pray that God would reveal things to us that we had not seen and that he would open our hearts.  Let me just say that God showed up big time!  I was able to spend so much time with Elora, getting to know her in her own element and really talk to her about concerns that I had and how Matt had been feeling.  I saw a side of her that I had not seen before and it was great for me and it was great for Matt.  I completely saw where she was coming from in the beginning and was able to understand so much more than I had before.   It is weird how God really open mine and Matt's hearts although when He did Matt and I felt like total JERKS!  We totally misjudged Elora and I hope she understands how sorry we both were for that and we look forward to our lives together sharing many memories!  It's hard when God totally reveals to you what you have wanted to see but at the same time convicts you of your attitude and not being the person He would like us to be.

Elora, I hope you know how much Matt and I love you and are so happy to have you in our lives.  You are perfect for Nick and we could not ask for a better sister-in-law.  We look forward to sharing many more memories with you and Nick and as we have said before we are truly sorry for misjudging you in the beginning.  Love you!

1 comment:

slayer said...

I wouldn't know what the latest facebook updates are, I haven't had it since March but I hope you find a way to cope ;).

Layout