Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Been way too long

Sorry I have been out of the blogging world for some time now. Things have just been so crazy with school starting and everything else going on, so I will give a short recap here and then another post about the weekend.

August-
Was full of fun. I was able to go down to College Station the first weekend and celebrate with Sheena (Lea's sister-in law) for her 21st birthday. It turned into more of a time for Lea and I to hang out in our old stomping ground, let loose and have some fun. I have pictures but I can't seem to find the camera right now :) Lea and I spent most of the night together away from all the little college kids, but we still had a blast!

The next weekend, Matt and I went to San Antonio with Eric and Lindsay who are a couple that we hang out with a lot here in Fort Worth. We met up with my sister and some other friends for an adult night out. We ate at Dick's Last Resort and had a blast. Our waiter was great and the food was delicious! We then went over to Howl at the Moon for a party. Our friend Lisa had won a part for 20 friends and she invited us to go. We got in for free and had 2 free drinks and then half price drinks until 8pm. We all enjoyed the dueling pianos and the quality time with friends.

Another weekend was spent meeting up with an old friend from high school, Natalie (Huey) Riley and her husband Travis at the North Texas Fair. We watched the rodeo, the went to see Roger Creager. We had such a great time and I was so excited to meet up with Natalie. She was such a great friend in high school and I can't wait to get together with her and Travis more often.

The rest of August was spent getting ready for the school year. I am teaching a College Adjustment class this year at UTA, and have enjoyed it so far. I have some ideas for next year to make it a more enjoyable course, but for now I am sticking with what I have.

Sorry for being so bad at updating this, but I will be better at it from now on. I hope everyone had a great Labor Day Weekend, and I will blog about that in a little while.

No comments:

Layout