Tuesday, November 9, 2010

WHOOP! What A Weekend

This past weekend was great! The TEXAS A&M AGGIES beat the No. 11 Oklahoma Sooners 33-19. It was such an amazing feeling for me even though I was unable to attend the game. I was still there in spirit, yelling for them the whole time! Ryan Tannehill has made a tremendous difference in the team the last few games and I am so happy he is our starting quarterback!

Also the KANSAS STATE WILDCATS kicked the tu longhorns butts also on Saturday night! Not only was it a victory for the Cats it was also a loss for the longhorns and anytime they lose is a good night for this Aggie! We were able to watch the game on tv so it was great to watch the loss happen.

Not only did we enjoy some football over the weekend, we enjoyed family and friends, food and beer! Our friends Erin and Corey came up for a visit and some work. Corey got a HUGE smoker for his graduation present and Matt and Pat were dying to see it and try it out, so graciously Corey hauled it up from Emporia so that the boys could bond over the smoking of ribs and pork butt! They spent all day Saturday around that smoker. I guess they thought it was going to do something more than just smoke meat! The food turned out AMAZING though. The ribs were so tender they fell straight off the bone. And well the beer is always good :)

Matt went duck hunting on saturday morning and saw NOTHING! He was so disappointed but he had a feeling it was not going to be a good day to hunt. But by Sunday he was happy because he shot himself an 8pt buck! He was so happy about it and I was such a proud wife...or at least I was trying to be. He took me up to where the deer was and I put on my brave face. I think I did good! Hunting isn't for me but it is something Matt loves so I am embracing it.

A little blurry for some reason, but here is Matt with his buck and the bow he shot it with!

Pat has a new 4wheeler that he has spruced up like any man would do and I had the joy of getting to ride it on my own Saturday...well not entirely on my own, Scout came along and he LOVED it. His ears were blowing in the breeze and he was sitting in front of me with his back legs straddling the seat and his front paws on the front of the 4wheeler. It was AWESOME! I think I have created a monster though because now all he does is sit by the 4wheeler and anytime anyone gets on he hops right up to the seat also.
Scout and I on the 4wheeler after our ride!

Sunday was pretty relaxing. We spent some time in the morning with Erin, who is the photographer for MILES PHOTOGRAPHY, taking family photos. As soon as I get them from her I will post them to my blog. She did a great job on the ones I have seen so far. The dogs were great even though they were incredibly distracted, but what do you expect with animals.

All in all it was a great weekend! I get to go home in a week and a half! Can't wait!!

No comments:

Layout