Monday, November 16, 2009

Today I am thankful for...

My family and my friends. I did not get on this weekend so this will be a 2 part post.

First I am very thankful for my family. They have put up with me for 27 years and it has not always been easy. My sister and I have had an up and down relationship but what siblings don't. She really did not like me at all when my mom brought me home from the hospital, she even tried to sell me at a garage sale! Today we are the best of friends. We have gone through many things together and she has forgiven me so many times I can't even count high enough. I have a close relationship with my brother now. It was hard to not have him around very much growing up, but he is making up for that now. He has such a sweet spirit about him, and is so loving and forgiving of everyone. I love hanging out with him because he is always making me laugh. My other sister is such a strong woman. She is a great mother to her 3 children, and even though I am sure it is tiresome she still finds the energy. My mom and I are a lot closer than we have ever been, and I am very thankful for that. I have started to see that our relationship is ok, even if it is not like her's and Lea's. I am not Lea, and I am different and that is what makes our relationship special. I could not ask for a better dad. He always had my back no matter what. I have taken him for granted many times, yet he is still always there. He means more to me than I could ever show him. I am so thankful for him and his unconditional love he shows me. I have done some very hurtful things to my family and for that I am sorry. I turned my back on them thinking I didn't need them, when in all honesty I needed them more than ever. When I finally came out of my funk, they took me back with open arms. It has been a long journey back but they are my family and I love them dearly.


My friends, what can I say about them. I have some of the greatest friends in the world. I can't even begin to name each of you that have had an impact on my life. Just know that I thank God for each of you everyday. I have friends that I can go months without speaking to, but the moment we are on the phone it is like nothing changed. When I am hurting they are there, when I have a joy to share, they are there, when times get tough, they pick me up. So many great things to share about each of you, I just don't have the time. I may not speak to you every day or every week, but know that I think of each of you daily, and I am so thankful that you are in my life.

No comments:

Layout