Monday, February 1, 2010

February Already???

I just realized I have not posted anything in 2010!! Where has the time gone? The Schafer house has been busy getting back in to the swing of things after Christmas, so here is a little update.

Christmas 2009
Matt's parents and brother come down for almost a week over Christmas and we had a blast! Nick is living in Utah currently so we do not get to see him very often, and his parents are of course still in Kansas. The three of them were hoping for warm weather since they haven't seen the 50's in months! Luckily for them there were a few nice days. One day the boys went golfing but it was still a little too cold for me so Kerry and I went shopping in stead. That was a lot of fun but cut short because Kerry got sick. The next day was still fairly nice so we decided to go to Alpine Shooting range and shoot the sporting clays course. Kerry stayed back because she still wasn't feeling good. I had the best time! I have never shot a gun before much less every done sporting clays but it was so much fun. I got 26 out 100, which I think is good for my first time!
Me shooting! So fun.

New Years 2010
We went to Fort Worth with Eric and Lindsey and then met up with some more friends. It was a blast. The group of friends that we hang out with down here are so much fun. Matt and I were taking during the night because the 4 of us were the only ones not single in our group and I asked if he missed it, of course he said no and we talked about the way the guys acted and how he did not miss that or would ever give up what we have to be single again. That made me happy. I was also happy that I was not single and do not miss they days of drunk guys coming around trying to do whatever they are trying to do. It was funny to watch though.

January
We had a hard couple weeks in January. We had to go back to Kansas for a funeral. Matt's grandfather (his Mom's dad) passed away a few weeks ago and it was very hard on everyone. He is in a much better place, breathing on his own and sitting out by a lake fishing. I had a really hard time during all this because I had not been back to KS to see family since July. I had a lot of guilt in my heart for that and made it a point to make sure I see them more often.

Other than that we have been spending time with friends up here in Fort Worth. One night we went to Joe T Garcia's to eat with 4 other couples and had a blast. We went with Natalie and Travis Riley, Lindsey and Eric, Sarah and Trey and Jenn and Kurt Harwell and their little boy Russel. It was so fun to see Kurt and meet his wife. I have not seen him since high school, and to see him as a dad was amazing. It is crazy to think about all of us from high school growing up, getting married and becoming parents. It is a great time in all of our lives.
Lindsey, Me, Natalie, and Sarah at Joe T's. Jenn had already left.

I will be better at keeping up with this in the new year! Hope everyone is doing great.

No comments:

Layout