Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day One...a little late

So I was not around a computer at all yesterday except when we were at our friends house and I didn't want to take time away from them to blog, so I am starting the 30 day blogging today!

My name is Rachel and I live in Kansas with my wonderful husband and our 3 crazy pets, Scout, Tiffany, and Rocky. I work at Kansas State University and Matt works at Dalcan Concrete...or something like that. I think it has more than 1 name and I always get it wrong ;)
Recent pic of The Schafers...minus Rocky.

I have been trying to figure out 15 facts I would put on here for days and I think I might have them so here it goes...

1. I am a Christian, and I can't wait to get settled and find out home church here.
2. I am a daughter to the most amazing parents, who are celebrating their 24th year of marriage today!
3. I am a sister to the craziest group of siblings out there...Jason-the weird older brother (haha love you), Lea-the oldest sister and she thinks she is the funniest of all of us...i beg to differ, Joe'l the other older sister who dad says was mine and Lea's interpreter growing up because she was brunette and we were blonde...she did a pretty good job of explaining things to us :)
4. I am an Aunt to 1 goofy nephew and 3 adorable nieces.
5. I am an Aggie to the core! I love Texas A&M and everything that it represents.
6. I have my Master's degree in Counseling and Student Development from Kansas State, where I met my husband, and am now contemplating a PhD....CRAZY!!!
7. I am training to run a half marathon by April of this year and then have the Chicago full marathon on the calendar for 2012.
8. I married my best friend on April 11, 2009 and have never been happier.
9. We will be buying our first house in the next few months and I am very excited!
10. Some people would say that I am a bit obsessed with my dog Scout but they don't really know the full story.
11. My favorite food is steak and potatoes and would love it if I could eat them everyday.
12. I am a beer girl and have tried very hard to like wine I just can't....oh well beer is cheaper anyway.
13. I really love my job and I am making great friends there.
14. My favorite color is MAROON! haha go figure
15. I am extremely hard on myself and don't think I am ever good at anything or good enough for things...maybe I should have left that fact in my head!

2 comments:

Kensie said...

Great pic, Rachel!! SO exciting about your house! Glad you're enjoying Kansas!!

Adrienne said...

Better late than never! Looking forward to reading your days o' blogging! :)

Layout