Monday, July 16, 2012

A Trip to Galena, Illinois!

We took a quick trip to Galena, Illinois to celebrate Matt's uncle's 60th birthday.  I had never been to Galena and now I can't wait to go back.  The weather was great (pretty sure Linda ordered it especially for us!), food was wonderful and the company was even better.  The town of Galena is so neat with how it is built and the fun shops down main street.  I can not wait to go back and spend more time with everyone and do more exploring.
The birthday boy himself, Cal Schafer!

 All the boys in front of Cal's beauty.  Matt, Matt, Don, Pat, Cal and Neil

 These two are at the top of my favorite people's list!



 The Pinterest inspired collages Linda made.  The one on the right is made out of the old barn's wood and siding.

On Saturday night we went to this local place called the Log Cabin and I had the most wonderful steak I have ever had in my life!  I highly recommend this place if you find yourself in Galena.  It was actually the place where Cal and Linda had their first date and is a family favorite!
All 3 Schafer boys, Don, Cal and Pat.  Sometimes I wonder how they survived!
 The women that keep those boys together, or at least try.
 The whole gang of Schafers! We missed Matt and Meg!
 My favorite!

No comments:

Layout