Monday, March 7, 2011

Set back...set back...set back

*If you don't want to hear about my horrible running lately you might want to skip this post. I am logging all my feelings because I am hoping that at some point I will be able to look at what all I had to overcome to achieve my goals, including the very depressing times...which is where I am right now.*

This is all that is running through my head and it stinks! Every time I get excited about something I have done...like 6 miles then something else just hits me like a tons of bricks to bring me back down. I can't wait to have happy post! I am sorry for being such a downer lately but my knee trouble is really making things hard for me.

Saturday I went out excited to get another 6 under my belt and it was AWFUL! About 1/2mile in my legs would barely leave the ground and I thought I was just scooting along the road. I didn't think 6 would ever come or if I was even going to make it. Pretty sure about mile 3 I was near tears because I was so frustrated! Oh well, I finished and that is what matters.

Not 30 mins after thought I felt like I couldn't walk. My knee hurt so bad that I could barely put any weight on my foot without cringing in pain. I took alleve, iced it and everything and the pain was excruciating. I just laid in bed the rest of the night. Sunday morning I woke up and tried to walk and couldn't. My knee was not swollen or bruised so I just figured it was tight and would loosen up, it never did and when my husband had to help me up the stairs he said that was it and took me to the ER. I was certain I had torn something, but in the end it looks like nothing. The NP told me that this is common in female runners and there isn't much that can be done besides, rest, ice, pain reliever and some PT. I just can't seem to get the motivation now to keep going, I feel like this isn't for me and I should have NEVER set these types of goals. Who am I kidding, me really running 13.1 miles! Ha it seems like such a joke now when I can barely walk without pain, much less even think about training. Ugh I hate this!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow myn blog

Adrienne said...

You can do it!!! Rest up and then get back at it!!

Travis and Natalie Riley said...

Hang in there! This really is common in females. One of my close friends had severe pain and after rest, ice, stretching, and strength training she's as good as new! She just ran her first Ultra marathon. Keep that pretty head up!!!

SCOOTSKY said...

Rachel,

Seems like I heard the other day, "Take care of yourself first so you can take care of others."

Easy for me to say for you to "Give it some time." But...

Don't get a permanent injury by being bullheaded. Be thankful for how far you’ve come.

There’s a whole lot of marathons down the road.

You will make it to 13.1- if not now so what? later will still be fine.

Of course then there will be the ole 26’er to conquer.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Love Ya Girl,

Gary

Layout