Thursday, April 17, 2014

April 11, 2009...5 years Ago

April 11, 2009 was one of the best days of my life. I married my best friend. Had I known on that day what the next 5 years would hold I might have ran away...not really! But had I known truly how the man I was looking at would love me everyday the next 5 years I would have said y'all are crazy. But it is true.
The best day!

5 years ago, I married a man that I knew loved me but I really didn't know how much. I married a man that held me more times than he should have during our first year of marriage as I cried about my past and 'what if' moments. He held me and told me he was there, he loved me and that wouldn't change.
"Umm, surprise?"

5 years ago, I married a man that when I hit rock bottom instead of pushing me to 'suck it up' and 'get over it' he crawled down with me and waited until I was ready. When that time came he held out his hand and took that first step with me.
"now that you're in my life, baby, I know exactly who I am"

5 years ago, I married a man that has been on the receiving end of 3 phone calls that no husband ever wants to hear. "Matt, something is wrong you need to come to the hospital now." He took those phone calls as well as any man could, rushed to my side and cried with me. But then, he straighten himself up and he became my rock. He held my hand, let me cry and scream and blame God.

5 years ago, I married a man of faith, but I did not know how much until those 3 phone calls. While I was pushing God away and blaming Him, Matt was down on his knees praying for God's presences in our lives, in my life and for me. He was putting me first and asking God to be with me, to watch over me and to love me. He was fiercely praying for our family like I was unable to do.

Our crazy human...wonder where he gets it!

5 years ago, I married a man who has shown me more love and devotional than I could ever ask for. He is man of his word. I pushed and pushed and pushed in the beginning and he loved, and loved, and loved.

Rivalries keep us together!

5 years ago, Matt Schafer changed my world. He may never know how much I love him (mainly because I don't express it enough). In the last 5 years I have received more joy than I ever thought possible. It might have been a hard 5 years but I would not have wanted this journey to be with anyone else. When I think back on the last 5 years I don't see all the heartache, I see the joy. Matt brings a smile to my face in the darkest moments, he makes me laugh when all I want to do is be angry at him (and that's just makes it worse haha). I can't stay mad at him because after venting I realize that life is not worth it to be mad or he says or does something stupid that makes me forget.

5 years! and a little George Strait to go along :)

5 years ago, had you have told me this is what it would have been like, I would have made the plunge! I am thankful everyday that he chose me to be his wife and to stand by his side forever. I may not be the best wife in the world and some days he deserves way more than I give him, but he will always tell me that I am enough. And for me, that is all I need to hear.


5 years, 4 moves, 2 cats (we already had the dogs), one crazy human and thousands of memories later, I am more in love with him that I ever thought possible. Thank you Matt for the last 5 years and I can't wait to see what the next 5 bring. This journey called life is so much better with you by my side!





No comments:

Layout