Monday, December 1, 2008

So tired...

I got home about 1am this morning after fighting snow in KS for about an hour on my drive home. I like the snow but I hate driving in it, especially not knowing how my car is going to handle in it. But I made it home, safe and sound, but today I am very tired. Work is pretty slow so that is not helping at all.

This past week was great! I spent Thanksgiving with Matt's family and enjoyed ever minute of it. I had a little difficulty Thanksgiving morning after some news that I heard, but was able to still have a good day. I was able to talk with Kerry (Matt's mom) about what I found out and she made me feel better. It is good to have a mother-in-law I can talk to, when my mom is far away. But as most Thanksgivings go, I ate to much and now I need to diet!

So I am having a little issue I am trying to not let bother me, but I think it is. My soon to be father-in-law, who I adore, tends to butt into mine and Matt's conversations with something that is completely off the subject and only incluldes Matt. When I go to KS to visit Matt, sometimes I get very frusturated that all he seems to do is talk to his dad. I know that there is an unbreakable bond with him, but seriously I am only up there for a few days, and he sees him everyday! Why should I feel like I have to compete with his dad. I don't want this to be an issue, but I feel like it will. I know that when Matt is finally here in TX and we go for a visit together, he and his dad will need to have catching up time, but do I get left alone and in the dark? It also happens with his good friend. It is like I am not even there. I know that he is making a sacrfice to move away from his family and friends to move down with me, and he wants to spend as much time as possible with them before he moves, but I am getting hurt in the process while I am visiting him. And before anyone says anything, I have talked to him about it, and it seems like it is more his dad and friend doing it than he is, but he never says anything to them about it. I guess it is just something I am going to have to deal with. It is one small thing, on the large scale of life.

More weddings details to come soon....

No comments:

Layout