Friday, April 29, 2011

Blog Name Change....

Ok so I am changing my blog name AGAIN! AHH why can't things just work out the way I want them to! HAHA Anyway, I am on the road to 13.1 but it is going to be a VERY long road of recovery from this current injury (stress fracture). Some people believe I am just being a wuss and should suck it up and just run, but the problem here is that they have NOT ever had a stress fracture and don't understand the pain I am in and the consequences of just "sucking it up" and running. So they can talk about me all they want, I am going to be a good little patient and follow the doctors orders of staying of the leg, doing rehab, and training in a different less intense way to prevent injury.

It sucks to not be able to run right now, but in the whole scheme of life this is mediocre for me. I would much rather be able to play and run around with my kids and be healthy then try and run a half marathon and really injury myself. I look forward to the day I can put those running shoes back on and get back into the swing of things, but I am totally ok with not being able to right now. There is so much more to my life than running and I am good with that.

So now we will go back to The Schafer's because there is more going on with that than my journey to a half marathon! Thanks for sticking with all my changes....we are back to rachandschaf.blogspot.com. Please update your links :) Sorry for all the changes, no more I promise!

No comments:

Layout