Thursday, April 21, 2011

Two, Two, Two

Matt and I celebrated 2 wonderful years of marriage together on April 11. This past year has been a roller coaster ride but at the end of the ride we are still hand in hand.

We did a lot of fun things in year 2 such as...
  • Concerts at Billy Bobs
  • Eric and Lindsey Watson's wedding
  • Adventures in Fred with the Riley's
  • Chris and Amber's wedding in Jamaica!
  • Joey and Leslie Blackwell's wedding
  • Bachelorette Parites
  • Awesome house parties by Alex Gregory
  • A 30th birthday in Vegas
  • Texas A&M Football Games
  • An Engagement
  • and many more things I am sure I just can't remember right now
    Some of our memories from the past year
We had a lot of fun in year 2 but we also had some hard times.

We made a very big decision last year to move away from Texas to Kansas to being our life together. This was very hard for the 2 of us and to be quite honest there were times we didn't know if we were going to make it. We both struggled with this decisions, we prayed and prayed, and prayed some more. We screamed and cried and all that stuff and in the end we chose to move. It was very hard on both of us and especial
ly my family. We had to do what we felt was best for us and as hard as it was, I know it was the right decision. This may be more information than I should put on a blog but I want to be real, and letting everyone know that everything is not always hunky dory is important to me. Even though we had a rough few months in the end Matt and I
did what was best for us, and looking back I could not and would not have made this decision without him standing by my side and that is the important piece of all this.
Just Us-TOGETHER

Matt, it has been a great 2 years. I can not see my life without you. We have our ups and downs, but the best part about those are that we are in them TOGETHER. We fight through them TOGETHER, we cry through them TOGETHER, we laugh TOGETHER, we make the hard decisions TOGETHER. You are my best friend, my rock, my shoulder, my voice when I can't speak, my joy and you mean so very much to me. Some times I can't live with you...but I know for sure that I can't live without you! I look forward to what is ahead for us in year 3! It just keeps getting better with you. I love you...forever and a day!

4 comments:

Abigail said...

Happy Anniversary!

Matt said...

Wow, Rachel... I cannot even put into words what this means to me. As I have said many times over (it can never be enough), it means the world to me that we made it through those tough times together, and took some pretty big risks to get where we are, and it means even more that we find in the end, it was the right thing to do. You are my best friend, my queen, and my love, and I will continue to do everything in my power to support and love you. I cannot wait to see what year 3 will bring for us, and even though you stole my line I will say it anyway; I love you... forever and a day!

Kensie said...

Happy Anniversary, Rachel!

Kensie said...

Happy Anniversary, Rachel!

Layout