The Schafer's have moved into their first home...yes that includes Matt, Rachel, Scout, Tiffany, and Rocky. We have been so excited to have our own place for some time and it took a few set backs for us to find this place. Matt loves the outdoors and so he did NOT want a home in a city, or really in a subdivision at all, but was willing to if that was all we could find. One day he stumbled across this house in Paxico, KS which is centrally located between Manhattan and Topeka, and he just knew it was the one. We looked at the next day and it was a done deal. We negotiated and got the house and the rest was history. A little painting had to be done, but his dad graciously did that for us while we were at work. There is still a lot that needs to be done but for the most part it is together. So here it is....
Starting from the top I will walk you through our house...
1. Standing in the drive way looking at the house
2. As you walk through the front door there is a set of stairs leading you up to the main floor or down to the basement area
3. At the top of the stairs you will see the wide open kitchen, one side has the oven and fridge
4. The other side of the kitchen is the sink and dishwasher. Matt has plans for this area such as a bar top or island...we can't decide
5. You can stand in the kitchen to view the living room
6. Our entertainment center
7. Standing in the hallway to your left is our bedroom.
8. In one corner of the room looking towards our bathroom
9. In the other corner of the room looking towards the hallway. It has 2 closets....yep one for me (the bigger one) and one for Matt.
10. Our bathroom
11. This is the first guest room located across from our room. Please disregard the mess it is the storage room at the moment, but will be an office/craft room.
12. The second guest room just down the hall.
13. Guest bathroom
14. Downstairs room. It is a long room which we don't know what we will do with. Maybe a second entertainment area or media room.
15. bathroom downstairs which is also the laundry room
16-19. Our wonderful view off the front and back porches. I can't wait for those nice spring and summer days spending time with friends and family enjoying this view!
So that is a tour of our house...feel free to come for a visit anytime. I can't promise it will be in perfect shape but I can promise you will have fun!