Monday, April 4, 2011

We are headed to the CHAMPIONSHIP!

Disclaimer: I did not edit this at all because I wanted it to be my true emotions of how I feel, so it might be all over the place and some of it might not make sense but it is what is going through my head and heart right now.

I am over the moon with excitement for the Aggie Women's basketball team. They beat Stanford last night in the final four to make their way to the Championship game agains Notre Dame on Tuesday night! This is the first time in school history that the women's team has made it to the Championship game. It has been a crazy season but in the end the women have proved themselves again to make it to where they are. They fought hard last night against a great team and it came down to the final seconds.

There are a lot of haters out there and I am trying really hard not to pay too much attention to them. I had no idea how many people hated A&M. It is hard for me to see some of the post on facebook about how they don't deserve to be where they are and that A&M sucks and is the most hated team in the Big 12. There is so much more that people are saying and it truly breaks my heart. I am sure there are A&M fans that are just as bad as everyone else but for me I try my best to support every big 12 team when they have made it to something like this. In 2005 I was so happy for the Lady Bears. They fought hard and won the national championship and I could not have been more proud of them. Yeah I was jealousy that A&M was not good enough to be there but I was still happy for them when they won and never would have said they didn't deserve it.

If someone could tell me why there are so many Baylor fans that HATE A&M so much it might make things easier or it might not. I guess I just don't understand why their hatred is so strong to say the things that I have seen being said. I am a HUGE A&M fan and that is no secret and I do enjoy the rivalry stuff between the teams but what I don't like is the name calling, saying they don't deserve what they have achieved, calling aggies stupid and dumb for their traditions and being just down right mean.

Tuesday night will be a big night for this Aggie and I really hope that people can put aside their differences and cheer on the Aggie Women! What a year it has been for them.


No comments:

Layout