Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Starting back at Square 1

So I am starting back at square one on the running. I was released from the doctor last friday with very specific instructions to GO SLOW! Because he didn't want to see me anymore. Kinda a mean thing to say but I know what he meant. The problem here is that I want to go further because I know I can but Matt came to the doctor with me and he is being VERY strict! I know it's a good thing to start slow because as much as I like Dr. Chase I really don't want to see him again either.

So I am back to square one and on the Couch to 5K program again. It has been good because I am taking Scout with me and he needs to lose weight and so he keeps me from go further because he really can't. I am excited to get back on the road and really enjoy running again.

I started week 1 day one last night and it felt GREAT! I have no pain in my legs while running or after so that is good. I was not tired and did not feel exhausted after the run so I know that I still have it in me to keep it up.

I will keep everyone posted on the progress!

3 comments:

Kyle and Marci said...

Good luck Rachel! I hope you ease back into running without any problems!!

SCOOTSKY said...

RUN GIRL RUN!!!

Kensie said...

Be careful!!! Good luck!

Layout