Thursday, October 24, 2013

My Inner Foodie

Oh goodness, I have been channeling my inner Martha Stewart, or maybe some other awesome housewife. HAHA, but seriously I have been trying to get our house more organized, I have been learning to crochet, I want to pick up sewing AND I have started to cook.  Matt is usually the cook in the family but I have started to really enjoy the process.  SOOOO  last night I thought I would pick a recipe from the Ol' Pinterest board and give it a go.  Let me tell ya, it was A-MA-ZING...ok so not quite that dramatic but it was really good. It was even Matt approved.  So without further a due here it is:

Honey-Lime Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Corn Tacos 
(credit goes to Cooking Classy were you can also find the recipe)
 Dry Ingredients

 Chopped Onions and Sweet Potatoes

 A few finishing touches

Final Product!  

We topped ours with salsa, avocado, and feta cheese.  They were delicious and healthy!  A great combination for me.  I am loving trying these new recipes and becoming a better cook!  The prep work took the longest but it still was very easy.  I think next time I might heat the tortillas a different way instead of in the microwave.  This will definitely be a new meal in the Schafer house.  Y'all should give it a try!


No comments:

Layout