Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bad things happen in 3's...

That is how the saying goes and I never really experienced until yesterday. And let me tell you I wish it was not the case.

First Matt and I woke up around 5:30am to water dripping in our apartment. When I went to check it out I saw there was standing water all in our bathroom, kitchen and the carpet was wet. I called maintenance and they told me that the 3rd floor apartments water heater busted over night so all the water in it had been leaking while we were all asleep. They just shut the water off and have called a clean up crew. Not really a big deal, just sucked having to wake up to that.

Second, while Matt was getting ready for work his dad called to let us know that Roland, his grandmother's husband (Matt's grandfather passed away when he was very young, and so Roland was all he really knew as a grandfather, and he had been around for about 12 years) had passed away. He had congestive heart failure, but we were told he was doing better and that he would be going home. He woke up around 5:00 or so and went to the bathroom, the nurse asked if he needed anything else and she went out to get what he requested and came back and he had passed. It has been hard on the family because his grandmother is sick also, and we are going to have to figure out where she is going to be able to live. She is not going to be happy about not living at the house anymore.

And then third, my mom called me around 3:45 to let me know that my great-uncle Oscar had also passed away. All of this in 1 day. Oscar was my grandmother's brother and the closest thing we had to my grandmother after she passed away. In the last few years we had not seen him very much but he was always my favorite. It is really hard to hear about someone in your family passing away, and it's even harder when it comes twice in one day.

Needless to say I am having a rough day. I hope that the bad things are done for awhile because I just don't think I can handle anything else right now.

No comments:

Layout