Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Cowboy Rides Away...

Never thought about those words until I heard them for the last time (or so I thought, more on that later).  I had one of the best nights of my life this past Saturday.  It was a bucket list item that I got to check off and it was A.MAZ.ING.  I saw George Strait in concert!  He has by far been my favorite singer EVER.  Not only does he have an amazing voice he is an amazing man.  He stays out of the drama that sounds other stars and just does what he does best...sings!

He has been singing for over 30 years!  That is a statement in itself of the music he has produced.  I can not even put into words what it meant to me to be at the concert.

Matt and I went with 2 of our good friends, Gabe and Karalie Gantz.  We went down to Kansas City on Saturday afternoon and headed to McFadden's which was across the street from the Sprint Center.  We wanted to get down there and relax and pretty much just make a day out of hanging out.  With recent events in our lives Matt and I felt we need some time to really unwind.  Our friends Annie and Tyler Wade joined for dinner and then we headed out to the concert.

Eric Church was the opening act and did an acoustic show and OMG it was fantastic.  We have seen Eric in concert before with all the lights, and fire, etc but for me this show was his best.  It was him and his guitar.  And let me know tell you that man is sexy up there with just his voice and that guitar!  :)


Then is was the King himself, George!  He is not a flashy person but he still puts on one of the best shows I have ever seen.  I mean, how could he not he is the King of Country!  I really could just listen to him sing all day long and he is not bad to look at either!  After the concert we went back to the hotel and while in my sadness of not seeing George Strait in concert again (although I completely understand that he is ready to retire) Matt surprised me with tickets to the Wichita, KS show!  Now I can't wait to see George again! What a great birthday present for me :)


No comments:

Layout