Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving!

I have SO much to be thankful for this year and Thaksgiving with my family was just what I needed.  Although I did not take 1 single picture becasue I was too busy soaking up all the family time!

We left on Wednesday and made the long trek down to Texas.  We made our stop in Fort Worth to eat with our dear friends Eric and Lindsey Watson.  I miss those 2 so much and hope that someday they will move back to Kansas so we can have Super Mario Brothers dates again!  We went to Cotton Patch and did not get kicked out this time and all our food was cooked properly!  It was nice to just sit and chill with great friends again.  I wish we could have seen more of our Fort Worth friends but with it being the holidays we were on a tight schedule.

Thursday was the big game and we all headed down to College Station for some tailgating.  The game did not end at all how I would have wanted it to so I not even going to comment about it.  I had a great time with my family and friends at the tailgate and as always soaking up all the Aggie Spirit that I love so much!

Friday it was a girls kinda day with a little Matthew and Ian thrown in the mix.  My mom, Lea, Joe'l, Ashley, Faith, Hayley, Emma, Me  and Matthew and Ian all went to lunch and then some of us headed to Mom and Dad's for a little resting.  We spent that night eating some delicious soup brought out by Jason and Ashley.  It was great getting to know Ashley and Ian a little more.  Can't wait to have them apart of this crazy family.

Saturday was my sister's birthday and we spent that morning with her and then we got on the road to head north.  We wanted to beat the traffic and we kinda did.  We made another stop in Fort Worth to have lunch with Travis and Natalie Riley and her family at Texas Roadhouse for her birthday.  We absolutely love that family and those 2 our some of our closest friends so anytime we get to see them is a blessing.  We look forward to Christmas where we might be able to see them again.  If not it will be a planned trip to San Antonio to see the new house!

All in all we had a great time and I have so much to be thankful for this year.  I didn't get all 30 days of thankfulness but know deep in my heart and am so very thankful for ALL that I have and ALL that is coming up in the next year!!

No comments:

Layout